Consulting - Open Water Swimming
Colin, Director of Colin Hill Swims, is an experienced and visionary open water swimming race organiser
If you are looking for an experienced open water swimming expert in mass participation swims, international elite races, or working with the media then please get in touch.
Consultancy experience includes:
- Technical Operations Manager for the Olympic Games Marathon Swimming, London 2012.
- FINA (World Governing Body) Open Water Consultant 2013 to 2021.
- Swim Serpentine (London Marathon) Swim Director 2016/17/18/19/21
- Technical Operations Manager for Glasgow 2018 European Open Water Swimming Championships - British Swimming.
- Great North Swim 2008 and the Great Swim Series 2009 - 2011
- International Winter Swimming Association - Board Member
Talks and announcing include:
- Red Bull Neptune Steps 2018 & 2019 - Announcer for the extreme open water swimming event
- FINA World Swimming Conference, Doha
- FINA World Swimming Championships, KAZAN
- Rio, Olympic Games, Event promoters meeting
- Swim Serpentine, water safety briefings for over 6000 swimmers
- Kendal Mountain [FILM] Festival, Outdoor Swimming Session host
Event experience include:
- Founder & Director of Chillswim - open water swim event company (2012 - 2019)
- Founder & Director of Swim Secure - water safety products - (2013 - 2017)
- Founder Ullswater Swim Place - open water coaching, guiding and Endless Pool video analysis 2019 to present
- International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame inductee (Administration of Open Water Swimming)
- International Swimming Hall of Fame - Irving Davids Cast Roger Wheeler Award (Contributors to the Administration of Open Water Swimming)
- International Ice Swimming Hall of Fame inductee 2023